Thursday, May 5, 2011

stripey skirts

 This green skirt came from a vogue magazine.  It reminded me of the eighties when me and my peers would wear stripy tights rather like this.  I think I had some green and black ones.  This models face reminds me of Joanna Lumley in Absolutely Fabulous.
So when I found a rather natty large mustard and black stripey polo neck top in the op-shop, I had to buy it and make this skirt.  Its not the same as the green one but I was inspired.  I am also too lazy to do pleats.  Yes I am standing on a small chair in the hallway infront of a very dusty mirror, but I did want to get these boots in the photo and the mirror is a bit high if I'm standing on the floor.  My daughter was horrified that part of my stomach is showing so I had to crop the photo, I wanted to show the top of the skirt.

No comments: