Sunday, January 1, 2012

10 minute sketch, rose


 Happy New Year to you all.  I hope you all had a good night last night, we had a wild night at my Mums, playing scrabble and going to bed at midnight.  Crazy heh!
Any way today we have had a lazy morning and then this afternoon me and the girls did some printing on my mums printing press.  The wild life never stops here.
 I drew some roses

And then carved the image into some MDF with some rather blunt tools. (poor work men....)
 This was my first print.  I always expect things to turn out better than they do, this was not what I thought would come out at all.  delusions.
 the next try was on some acetate, scratched in, we treid printing like a wood-cut, until we realised that it was more like an etching and then it worked a bit better, above and below
 The kids did some too

No comments: